If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Journal entry: Monday, March 17, 1997














(God) awakens me morning by morning---Isaiah 50:1

Each day I wake without the alarm going off. It's usually around the same time. My first thoughts ave been of thanks to God for giving me another day of life. My day ends with the same thought. God awakens my ear to hear the pulse of life---a gift that is precious, not to be taken for granted.

this day comes wrapped in a bow and with dangling tag
with open palms I receive it
as it gently falls
into
my
open
hands

minutes pass
hours
the sun runs her course
in the vast blue sky
and I peel back
the paper
pull open the lid
and pull out
this day
as the sun rests
on the horizon
I look up
to the studded sky
and say
thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment