If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pete Seeger: iconic folk singer/songwriter

















I believe God is everywhere. Pete Seeger


This evening I finished an ink drawing for my M.U.S.I.C. series (Musicians Undermining Social Injustice Creatively) of Pete Seeger, an iconic American folk singer/songwriter, who is known for writing protest songs, like Where have all the flowers gone?, If I had a hammer, and for popularizing We shall overcome during his involvement in the Southern Freedom movement. Seeger has been involved in music since the 40's and is still going at the age of 91! He is the epitomy of a musician undermining social injustice creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment